Sunday 3 March 2013

Zero Dark 30

A late Sunday evening at le Mercury in Place Garibaldi.  Quite a few people who spent quite some time selecting the 'siege parfait' to watch the movies - an interesting comedy in itself!  Shall I talk about Zero Dark 30, why not!  As a movie it had pace, keeps your interest for sure and I believe tries to tell it like it happened.  So, as a movie, it was simply brilliant - yes, brilliant.

Here is the but.  But, I guess it must be me, I am heartily sick of the earnest Clarice types.  There is nothing engaging about them, they are relentless for sure and they are uncompromising - is it because they can get away with it or is everyone else so weak?  Set this against the macho gung-ho special forces types who came across to me as rather YMCA then my perspective on the whole changed.  It became a rather frightening real life game with other people's lives in a shadowy world of  bizarre relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment