Friday 22 March 2013

Two movies that really need to be seen ....

Boy Wonder is a dark tale that works so well.  I found it as I do with a lot of movies as an iTunes cheapo deal, 99c.  Sometimes they don't work for me - this one was different.

A dark tale it is with twists here and there that are thought provoking, charming (the only word I can think of) in the way it is crafted and simple in the way it is delivered without glitz or over dramatisation. Liked it a lot.  Not one if you are feeling down :) Recommended.

Flame & Citron is an amazingly watchable movie that I guess tells it like it was - the story of two resistance fighters in downtown Copenhagen.  Another cheapo on iTunes.

Yes, it is set in war time, Denmark in fact (there was a clue in the city being Copenhagen), and it is in Danish with English subtitles. The latter two facts may put you off - don't let it. Intrigue abounds.  Gripping?  Hm, no. Watchable? Hm Yes. Definitely recommended. 


No comments:

Post a Comment