Friday 2 November 2012

Movie in .... Movie out


Watched a cute little film called Punch-Drunk Love which was the 99p special on iTunes. I was totally prepared for a dud.  Not so.  It is a peculiar but involving movie for no particular reason that I can fathom - is it the acting which was good?  The script which was clever?  How the movies was directed which was pretty nifty? I don't know.  Just enjoyed it all.  One line I did like which when someone asks if he is crazy the response is along the lines of "I don't know how other people are.", pretty much sums up the border between nuts and crazy .... sorry normal and crazy. Watch it.

Skyfall - the long awaited return of James Bond played by an ageing Daniel Craig.  What a great yarn. The villain is gay or rather demonstrably gay whereas the other villains were, with hindsight, perhaps still in the closet?  It was a good yarn featuring Istanbul, a favourite city, lots of London skyline stuff together with Shanghai and Macau both of which shone like jewels, definitely come hither looking places! If my eyes did not deceive me the supposed entrance to a Shanghai skyscraper was none other than Broadgate Tower in dear old London!  For a 007 movie it was good and a tad different. A must see? Not really. If you have nothing better to do type movie ......

No comments:

Post a Comment