Wednesday 12 September 2012

London Constructing Excellence Blog

I am still doing the blog for the London Constructing Excellence Club.  It was hoped that a tour of the Shard would have taken place at the september event, sadly this has had to be postponed.  The club is very active going from strength to strength.

The Shard interested me from the start from a design/architectural viewpoint although I have to confess to disliking the actual look of the 'finished' article, if only the architect's vision on paper was realised .... ho hum.  They used BIM in various guises which of course is a pet subject of mine - still not where it needs to be, I digress. Nevertheless it is brilliant in terms of its construction and conquering engineering challenges.  Here is an ITN time lapse video that should whet your thirst to see it .... maybe pay the near £50 for the pleasure of seeing the view from the nth floor? (Not me)

No comments:

Post a Comment